Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Wash hands with soap and water for 20 seconds.
- Preheat oven to 475°F and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Gently rub Brussels sprouts under cold running water.
- Trim the stalk end of the Brussels sprouts. Cut into halves or quarters if desired. Toss them in a large bowl with the olive oil and salt.
- Pour the sprouts onto the baking sheet. Spread or shake into a single layer. Cover tightly with another layer of aluminum foil.
- Roast for 10-15 minutes. Remove the foil - the sprouts should be green on the outside, yellow-green in the middle, and just starting to become tender.
- Drizzle on the balsamic vinegar. Return to the oven and roast for 10-20 more minutes, stirring 1-2 times. Remove from oven when golden-brown spots appear on sprouts, but before the entire sprouts turn brown. Sprinkle pepper over the sprouts.
- Serve immediately.