Grilled Halibut With Lemon
- 4 6 ounces halibut fillets fresh
- 1 large lemon sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon capers drained
- Wash hands with soap and water for 20 seconds.
- Pat fillets dry with a paper towel.
- Place fillets on a large piece of aluminum foil. The foil should be large enough to fold it up and cover all the fish.
- Evenly squeeze lemon juice over the fillets.
- Sprinkle lemon pepper on top of fillets. Place sliced lemons on top, then sprinkle with capers.
- Wrap the foil up and cover the fish. Crimp the sides so the fish doesn’t fall out.
- Wash the counter and utensils that touched the raw fish. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw fish.
- Grill on medium heat until the fish internaltemperature reaches 145°F on a food thermometer and flakes apart with a fork. Do not overcook the fish. For a 1" thick fillet it should take about 9-10 minutes.