Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, whisk together oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, combine peanut butter, egg, vanilla, and honey. Whisk until blended.
- Scrape liquid mixture into oat mixture and stir just until combined. The dough will be wet and sticky. Fold in chocolate chips. Place in the refrigerator and let chill for at least 30 minutes or up to 3 days.
- When ready to bake, place a rack in the center of your oven and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet. Remove dough from the refrigerator (if it is very stiff, you may need to let it sit out for 5 to 10 minutes). With a cookie scoop or spoon, drop dough into 2-inch balls and arrange on baking sheet, leaving 1 inch of space around each. With your fingers, gently flatten each cookie to be about 3/4-inch thick.
- Bake until cookies are golden and firm around the edges and set on top, about 9 to 10 minutes. Place baking sheet on a wire rack and let cookies cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes, then transfer the cookies to rack to cool completely.
Recipe Source: Well Plated, https://www.wellplated.com/healthy-peanut-butter-oatmeal-cookies/