Veggie Stuffed Pita
- 2 medium zucchini 2 1/2 cups, chopped
- 4 medium carrots 1 1/4 cups, grated
- 2 cup broccoli chopped
- 12 ounces cheddar cheese low-fat
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 12 mini pitas 6 inch
- Wash vegetables. Remove the broccoli flowers from stems, cut the flowers into small florets and put into mixing bowl. Peel carrots and cut off the ends. Grate carrots and put into mixing bowl.
- Slice the zucchini into thin slices. Cut each slice into quarters and put into bowl.
- Grate the cheese and put into a separate bowl. Measure oregano, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and mix together.
- Heat oil in a skillet. Put the spices in the heated oil and then add the mixture of vegetables to the pan. Stir vegetables with a wooden spoon and sauté about 5 minutes. When the vegetables are slightly tender, remove from heat.
- Spoon vegetable mixture into the pita. Top the hot vegetables with 1 ounce grated cheese.