Garlic Parmesan Baked Halibut
- 4 (6 ounces) halibut fillets or other white fish ~1" thick
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 large lemon juiced
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 2 Tablespoons green onion finely chopped
- 4-6 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 dash hot sauce optional
- Wash hands with soap and water for 20 seconds.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Season halibut with salt, pepper, and a squeeze of lemon juice. Place filets in a baking dish.
- Bake the fish for 6 minutes.
- Wash the counter and utensils that touched the raw fish. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw fish.
- In a medium bowl, mix all topping ingredients together.
- Remove the fish from oven and spread topping mixture over top and sides of fish.
- Turn oven to broil and cook for 2-3 minutes, until the tops are lightly browned and the internal temperature reads 145°F.
- Serve immediately.