Zucchini and Mushrooms
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons butter unsalted
- 2 medium zucchini cut into thin, half moon slices
- 1 medium yellow onion finely diced
- 1 pound small button mushrooms cleaned and patted dry
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped herbs dried herbs work as well, just use 1 teaspoon
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 1 Tablespoon parmesan cheese grated
- Wash hands with soap and water for 20 seconds.
- Add olive oil to a large skillet and set over medium-high heat.
- Add zucchini slices to the hot oil; and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until fork-tender. Remove zucchini from skillet and set aside. If there's any liquid in the skillet, wipe it out.
- Return skillet to the burner and add butter; melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the onions and cook for 2 minutes, or until just softened.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, or until tender and nicely browned. Stir occasionally.
- Stir in garlic and herbs; cook for 20 seconds.
- Return zucchini to the skillet and mix with the mushrooms; cook for 1 minute, or until heated through.
- Pour in the vegetable broth and cook for 2 minutes.
- Taste for salt and pepper and adjust as needed.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- Sprinkle with parsley and parmesan; serve.