- 2 egg whites
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Dash salt
- 3 cup uncooked rolled oats
Either old fashioned or quick cooking oats work – both are whole grains!
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray a large shallow baking pan with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- Put egg whites in large bowl; mix until frothy. Stir in honey, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt.
- Add oats plus nuts and/or dried fruit, if desired. Stir until oats are coated with egg mixture. Spread oat mixture evenly on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake about 25-30 minutes until golden brown; stir mixture carefully every 5 or 6 minutes to prevent overbrowning.
- Remove pan to wire rack and cool completely until crispy and crunchy. Store in airtight container.