- ¾ cup walnuts or pecans chopped (optional)
- ⅓ cup olive oil extra virgin
- ½ cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk or water
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1½ cups zucchini grated
- 1¾ cups whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease a 9” x 5” loaf pan to prevent the bread from sticking.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oil and honey. Beat them with a whisk until they are combined. Add the eggs and beat well.
- Add the milk, baking soda, cinnamon, vanilla, salt and nutmeg, and whisk to blend. Switch to a big spoon and stir in the zucchini, then add the flour and stir just until combined. Gently fold in the nuts.
- Pour the batter into your greased loaf pan and sprinkle lightly with additional cinnamon. If you’d like a pretty swirled effect, run the tip of a knife across the batter in a zig-zag pattern.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the bread cool in the loaf pan for 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes before slicing it with a sharp, serrated knife.
- Store in the refrigerator for 5 to 7 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.