Easy Baked Salmon
- 4 6 ounce salmon fillets
- 2 tbsp olive oil or canola oil
- 1/2 tsp salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Italian herb seasoning
- 1 medium lemon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a large baking pan. Arrange salmon fillets on the baking sheet and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Stir together oil, garlic, herbs, and juice of 1/2 lemon. Spoon over salmon fillets being sure to rub all over tops and sides of the fillet.
- Thinly slice remaining 1/2 of lemon and top each piece of salmon with a slice of lemon.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes depending on thickness, until salmon reaches 145 degrees, or when opaque and flaky when pulled apart with a fork. For a crispy top broil for the last 2 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh thyme or parsley if desired and serve.