Fiesta Rice Salad
- 1 cup brown rice cooked
- 1 carrot shredded
- 1 cup broccoli chopped fine
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 1 cup tomato chopped
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 15-oz can kidney beans drained & rinsed
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro or other fresh herbs finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar or white or cider
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and chop vegetables and mix with cooked rice.
- In a small bowl, add vinegar, oil, salt and pepper. Pour over rice mixture.
- Add beans and toss well. Top with cilantro.
- Serve cold.