No Knead Whole Wheat Bread
- 1 ¼ cups nonfat milk, lukewarm (100-110F)
- ¼ cup orange or apple juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 packet instant yeast about 2 1/4 teaspoons
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1¼ cups all purpose white flour
- Grease the sides and bottom of an 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" loaf pan with cooking spray or spread.
- Combine the lukewarm nonfat milk, juice, and honey in a large bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Beat vigorously for 3 minutes. Dough will be very thick. Scoop the dough into prepared pan. Cover the pan with a clean towel. Let the dough rise in a warm place for 45-75 minutes, until almost double. Time varies according to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350º F when dough is almost doubled.
- Remove towel and bake bread for about 30 minutes. Dough will pull away from sides of pan when bread is done. Let bread cool 30 minutes before slicing.