Raspberry Oat Bran Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups oat bran
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups raspberries
- Wash hands with soap and water for 20 seconds.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners or spray muffin tin cups with non-stick baking spray.
- Place the berries in a colander and dip them in a bowl of cold water. Gently swish the colander in the water, then allow the berries to drain. After washing, carefully spread the berries in a single layer on a tray or baking sheet lined with paper towels. Pat the berries dry with another paper towel.
- Mix dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- In separate bowl combine applesauce, eggs, and vanilla.
- Pour the applesauce mixture into the flour mixture.
- Fold in the raspberries.
- Bake muffins for 15-18 minutes until tops are beginning to turn golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs. The internal temperature of the muffins should be 200°F.
- Remove muffins from the oven, and as soon as you can handle them, transfer them to a wire rack to cool. Make sure you don't leave them in the pan, or they will become soggy.