Electric Pressure Cooker Brown Rice Pilaf
- 3 Tablespoons butter unsalted
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 1/2 cups long grain brown rice
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary minced
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme dried
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 3/4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice fresh
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley minced
- 2 Tablespoons carrots shredded
- Wash hands with soap and water for 20 seconds.
- Turn on pressure cooker to the Sauté setting, and add the onion and butter. Cook until translucent.
- Add in rice and garlic, stir until all of the rice is coated in the butter.
- Add the seasonings and broth.
- Place lid on the pot and lock in place. Turn the steam release knob to the Sealing position.
- Press the Pressure Cook or Manual button or dial, and then the +/- button or dial to select 24 minutes (High pressure).
- When the cook time has finished, allow for a 10 minute natural release. Then turn the steam release knob to the venting position to do a manual release of the remaining steam/pressure.
- Give the pilaf a good stir, and test for doneness. If the rice isn't soft enough, put the lid back on for a few minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir. Serve warm.