Wyoming Commercial Pesticide Applicator Training Manuals
Electronic Versions are available as downloadable PDFs using the links below.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are having difficulties accessing the downloadable copies of the training manuals listed below. Printed manuals are available for free. However, we do charge $10 per manual to cover shipping. To order print copies:
- Print and complete the Order Form (pdf).
- Make your check or money order payable to University of Wyoming Extension-PSEP.
- Return your completed form and payment to:
Attn: Pesticide Applicator Training Coordinator
Ag Communications and Technology
University of Wyoming
1000 E. University Ave.
Laramie, WY 82071
Or call (307) 766-5157
For questions, please contact Jeff Edwards, the Pesticide Applicator Training Coordinator at (307) 837-2956.
License Categories, Exam, Training Manuals
The following table outlines the State of Wyoming License Categories, Pesticide Applicator Exams, and corresponding study manuals for Commercial Pesticide Applicators. Training Manuals are available for download through this website or print versions can be ordered from UW Ag Communications and Technology using this Order Form.
|EXAM||LICENSE CATEGORY||STUDY MANUAL|
|CORE – including the Wyoming State Statutes
The material in this manual is required for all Private and Commercial Exam takers.
Private 1001 CORE
Download PDF: Wyoming Pesticide Applicator Certification CORE manual
|Wyoming Agricultural Pest Control: All 901 Categories
Private applicators who chemigate must have the 1005 Chemigation endorsement – Study all of section 901 F and complete the 901 F Chemigation exam at your local Extension office to receive this endorsement.
All 901 Categories:
Download PDF: MP-127-901
|Forest Pest Control||902|
Wyoming Ornamental and Turf Pests
All 903 Categories
Download PDF: MP 127.903
|Seed Treatment – This manual is only available by ordering from campus. The PDF version is not available.||904||
|Aquatic Pest Control||905||
Download PDF: Category 905
|Right-Of-Way Pest Control (released April 2016)||906||
Download PDF: Category 906
|Industrial, Institutional, Structural and Health-Related Pest Control, (X)||907 X||
|Industrial, Institutional, Structural and Health-Related Pest Control, (G) Fumigation||907 G|
|Industrial, Institutional, Structural and Health-Related Pest Control, (H) Bird Control||907 H|
|Public Health Pest Control (government employees only)||908|
|Regulatory Pest Control, (X) General (government employees only)||909 X||All Category Manuals must be studied|
|Regulatory Pest Control, (E) Rodent Control, (H) Bird Control, (I) Vertebrate Pest Control (government employees only)||
909 E, H and I Categories
|Regulatory Pest Control, (J) M-44 (government employees only)
Private applicators who use M-44 – Must contact the Wyoming Department of Agriculture to complete training and testing.
|909 J||Wyoming Department of Agriculture provides training|
|Demonstration and Research Pest Control||910|
|Specific Use Pest Control, (L) Wood Preservation and Wood Products Treatment||911 L|
|Specific Use Pest Control, (M) Non-Government M-44||911 M||Wyoming Department of Agriculture provides training|
|Specific Use Pest Control, (O) Non-Government Mosquito Control||911 O|
|Specific Use Pest Control, (P) Sewer Line Root Control||911 P|
|Aerial Application – This manual is only available by ordering from campus. The PDF version is not available.||912||
What are my options if I fail one or more exams?
- Testers are given 2 attempts total per category (ie. core, 901a, 901b, etc.). If the tester does not pass their required categories in the allotted attempts, the tester is required to submit an affidavit of training, signed by their supervisor (or provide a certificate of completion with the affidavit of training) prior to being reset by PSEP or WDA.
- If the tester does not pass on the third (3rd) attempt, the tester will be required to wait 45 days to retest or must attend a training approved by WDA and submit a certificate to WDA prior to retesting. A list of approved trainings is located at http://agriculture.wy.gov/online-training/pesticide-applicator
- Wyoming does have a “direct supervision” regulation that allows a non-certified applicator to work under the direct supervision of a certified applicator. The supervised employee must be within 50 miles or 1 hour of Supervisor, direct phone or radio contact, AND all instructions for the employee must be in a written document.