Wyoming Commercial Pesticide Applicator Training Manuals
Manuals are available for Free to download from this page. If you would like printed copies they are $10.00 per manual to cover shipping. Please use the link below to order print versions.
- Link to this Order Form (pdf)
- Fill out online by selecting required manuals if paying by credit card and submit electronically.
- Or print and complete the Order Form by selecting the Manuals required for the categories you will be taking exams.
- Make your check or money order payable to University of Wyoming Extension-PSEP.
- Return your completed form and payment to:
University of Wyoming
Ag Communications and Technology
1000 E. University Ave.
Laramie, WY 82071
Attn: Pesticide Applicator Training Coordinator
For questions, please contact Jeff Edwards, the Pesticide Applicator Training Coordinator at (307) 837-2956.
License Categories, Exam, Training Manuals
The following table outlines the State of Wyoming License Categories, Pesticide Applicator Exams, and corresponding study manuals for Commercial Pesticide Applicators. Training Manuals are available for download through this website or print versions can be ordered from UW Ag Communications and Technology using this Order Form.
|EXAM||LICENSE CATEGORY||STUDY MANUAL|
|CORE – including the Wyoming State Statutes
The material in this manual is required for all Private and Commercial Exam takers.
Private 01001 CORE
Wyoming Pesticide Applicator Certification CORE manual
|Wyoming Agricultural Pest Control: All 901 Categories New August 2018!
Private applicators who chemigate must have the 01005 Chemigation endorsement – Study all of section 901 F and complete the 901 F Chemigation exam at your local Extension office to receive this endorsement.
All 901 Categories:
|Forest Pest Control||902|
Wyoming Ornamental and Turf Pests NEW February 2018!
All 903 Categories
This manual is available only in hard copy. You can purchase a copy using this order form.
|Aquatic Pest Control||905||
|Right-Of-Way Pest Control (released April 2016)||906||
|Industrial, Institutional, Structural and Health-Related Pest Control, (X)||907 X||
|Industrial, Institutional, Structural and Health-Related Pest Control, (G) Fumigation||907 G|
|Industrial, Institutional, Structural and Health-Related Pest Control, (H) Bird Control||907 H|
|Public Health Pest Control (government employees only)||908|
|Regulatory Pest Control, (X) General (government employees only)||909 X||All Category Manuals included in the Training Manual Need to Be Studied|
|Regulatory Pest Control, (E) Rodent Control, (H) Bird Control, (I) Vertebrate Pest Control (government employees only)||
909 E, H and I Categories
|Regulatory Pest Control, (J) M-44 (government employees only)||909 J||Wyoming Department of Agriculture Provides Training|
|Regulatory Pest Control, (K) Livestock Protection Collar (government employees only)||909 K||Wyoming Department of Agriculture Provides Training|
|Demonstration and Research Pest Control||910|
|Specific Use Pest Control, (L) Wood Preservation and Wood Products Treatment||911 L||
|Specific Use Pest Control, (M) Non-Government M-44||911 M||Wyoming Department of Agriculture Provides Training|
|Specific Use Pest Control, (N) Non-Government Livestock Protection Collar||911 N||Wyoming Department of Agriculture Provides Training|
|Specific Use Pest Control, (O) Non-Government Mosquito Control||911 O|
|Specific Use Pest Control, (P) Sewer Line Root Control||911 P|
What are my options if I fail one or more exams?
- Testers are given 2 attempts total per category (ie. core, 901a, 901b, etc.). If the tester does not pass their required categories in the allotted attempts, the tester is required to submit an affidavit of training, signed by their supervisor (or provide a certificate of completion with the affidavit of training) prior to being reset by PSEP or WDA.
- If tester does not pass on the third (3rd) attempt, the tester will be required to wait 45 days to retest or must attend a training approved by WDA and submit a certificate to WDA prior to retesting. (A list of approved training’s can be located at http://agriculture.wy.gov/online-training/pesticide-applicator
- Wyoming does have a “direct supervision” regulation that allows a non-certified applicator to work under the direct supervision of a certified applicator. The supervised employee must be within 50 miles or 1 hour of Supervisor, direct phone or radio contact, AND all instructions for the employee must be in a written document.