The Wyoming Department of Agriculture and University of Wyoming Extension Pesticide Safety Education Program have been allowed to move forward with Commercial pesticide applicator licensing of Temporary and Seasonal Employees. This process is only valid during the EPA temporary policy put in place due to Covid-19, and it’s related effects to the pesticide industry. Once EPA lifts their temporary policy, original state certification and training procedures will once again be in effect.
Individuals who apply Restricted Use Pesticides (RUP’s) must be certified to do so under the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide and Rodenticides Act (FIFRA) and the Wyoming Environmental Pesticide Control Act of 1973. Amendments to FIFRA require that applicators be continually re-certified. Training materials are available on-line as provided the University of Wyoming Extension. Licensing is conferred by the Wyoming Department of Agriculture (WDA), which enforces FIFRA and the state act (statutes) in Wyoming. Proof of completion of training must be submitted to the Wyoming Department of Agriculture in addition to your license application.
This license, once issued, will expire January 31, 2021. If you wish to maintain this license beyond January 31,2021 you must complete all testing requirements as outlined in the Commercial Applicators Tab in this website.
There is a $25.00 application fee for Temporary/Seasonal Applicators. Government Temporary/Seasonal Applicators are exempt from this application fee.
Temporary/Seasonal Applicators can obtain their Applicators License via the following:
- Self-Study, Employer Training, and Take Home CORE Work Book plus the submission of all documentation to the Wyoming Department of Agriculture.
Steps to complete your license application:
- Download or Print the Core Manual AND all other additional manuals in the categories for which you need to be licensed.
- Print the Private Applicator Workbook.
- Print the Temporary/Seasonal Applicator License Application and Verification Form.
- Read the Core manual AND other additional manuals in the categories for which you need to be licensed.
- Complete the take home workbook by writing your answers to the questions in the workbook.
- Completely fill out the Temporary/Seasonal Applicator License Application and Verification Form be certain to indicate on page 2 which categories in which you are seeking to be licensed.
- Provide documentation of any employer led education using page 3.
Mail the a) Completed Take Home Work book and b) the Temporary/Seasonal Applicator License Application and Verification Form to the
Wyoming Department of Agriculture
Technical Services Division
2219 Carey Ave.
Cheyenne, WY 82002
Option 2 (preferred).
Electronically Scan and email the a) Completed Take Home Work book and b) the Temporary/Seasonal Applicator License Application and Verification Form to the
Wyoming Department of Agriculture at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Wyoming Department of Agriculture has the right to decline your license application if any of the documentation is missing or portions are illegible.
How Do I Get the Required Training Documents Mentioned Above?
CLICK AND DOWNLOAD OR PRINT THE FOLLOWING PDFs.
All category manuals are available on the Commercial Applicators Tab.
When Must I Be Re-certified?
The Temporary/Seasonal License Expires January 31, 2021.
How Do I Become Re-certified?
You must complete a proctored exam in each of the categories which you would like to be licensed, including the CORE Exam. Contact your UW Extension Office for more details on training opportunities and scheduling your exams.
A Wyoming Temporary/Seasonal applicators license is not valid in any other state. Nor will it allow you to gain a reciprocal license in any other state.