2018 Rangelands Partnership Annual Meeting
More details are available on the 2018 Rangelands Partnership Annual Meeting StoryMap.
- The 2018 meeting is scheduled for May 17 – 20, 2018 in Moscow, ID. The host hotel for the meeting will be the Best Western Plus University Inn. There will be a welcome reception and mixer Thursday, May 17 at the hotel starting at 5:00 pm. The reception will be jointly held with guests from AgNIC – Agriculture Network Information Collaborative, who are meeting 8 miles away in Pullman, WA earlier that day.
- Registration is $200. Register now!
- The Friday and Saturday (May 18 and 19) meetings will be held at the University of Idaho, across the street from the hotel (15 min walk). Lunch, and snacks will be provided. Transportation can be arranged if preferred.
- Dinner Friday, May 18 will be at a local venue, from 6:00 to 10:00 pm. There will be local entertainment, guest speakers and plenty of food to enjoy. Transportation will be provided.
- On Sunday, May 20 there will be an optional ranch and natural resources tour. Tour stops will include the Craig Mountain Wildlife Management Area (near Lewiston), and nearby sites as time permits. Transportation and meals will be provided.
- If you would like more information about the visiting Moscow for the Rangelands Partnership meeting please contact Jeremy Kenyon at firstname.lastname@example.org.*Note: if you are also attending the USAIN meeting in Pullman earlier in the week and need assistance moving between the two locations, please let Jeremy know. We will do our best to provide transportation for anyone making the transition. We want to it to be as stress free as possible!
Best Western Plus University Inn
1516 W. Pullman Rd
Moscow, Idaho 83843
Phone: (208) 882-0550
Registration for the special group rate ($99 – Single, $109 – Double) is available until April 17, 2018. Be sure to register under the “Rangelands Partnership Meeting”.
Spokane International Airport (GEG) (http://spokaneairports.net/)
(~1.5 hours north of Pullman/Moscow via Highway 195)
Serviced by Horizon/Alaska, Southwest, Delta, American, United
Lewiston – Nez Perce County Regional Airport (LWS) (http://www.golws.com/)
(~40 minutes south of Moscow on Highway 95)
Serviced by Alaska/Horizon, Delta
Pullman-Moscow Regional Airport (PUW) (http://www.flypuw.com/)
(~5 minutes from hotel; situated between Pullman and Moscow, closer to Pullman)
Serviced by Horizon/Alaska
- Wheatland Express Spokane/Pullman Airport Shuttle
- Spokane Airport Rental Cars
- Lewiston Ground Transportation
- Pullman/Moscow Rental Cars
- Pullman/Moscow Taxis & Shuttles
New Partner Resources
- Social Media Resources – Guidelines:
- International Year of Rangelands and Pastoralists: Process and Progress
- Partnership Guidelines and Website/Social Media Manual (pdf)
Watch and learn the latest for entering information on Global Rangelands, Rangelands West, and State webpages.
See Us on RFD-TV
As part of the Rangelands Partnership’s recent grant from NIFA for “Discovering Our Nation’s Rangelands” the University of Wyoming helped produce two episodes of Out on the Land, a half hour show produced and developed by Dr. Larry Butler and shown on RFD-TV (cable and satellite). One episode is directly part of the grant and focuses on ranchers and agency conservation efforts of the Thunder Basin in Wyoming. This region is a complex of the Thunder Basin National Grassland, private, state, and other federal lands. There are multiple resource issues including energy development (coal, gas, and oil), grazing, listed and candidate endangered species, wildlife, tourism, and many others. The second episode highlights a relatively new research effort between the USDA Agricultural Research Service High Plains Research Center and the University of Wyoming in the Thunder Basin.
The episodes are scheduled on RFD-TV at 5 pm Mountain time on August 18 and 25 with re-runs on November 17 and 24. They also repeat at 3:30 am Mountain time on August 19 and 26 and November 18 and 25. After that, they should be available to view on the http://OutontheLand.com website.
Special Note: You will be able to link to the website, but cannot post the videos on your websites. Thanks!