Garlic Parmesan Baked Halibut
This healthy main course is bursting with flavor, and will pair well with brown rice pilaf, and steamed vegetables on the side.
- 4 (6 ounces) halibut fillets or other white fish ~1" thick
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 large lemon juiced
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 2 Tablespoons green onion finely chopped
- 4-6 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 dash hot sauce optional
Wash hands with soap and water for 20 seconds.
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Season halibut with salt, pepper, and a squeeze of lemon juice. Place filets in a baking dish.
Bake the fish for 6 minutes.
Wash the counter and utensils that touched the raw fish. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw fish.
In a medium bowl, mix all topping ingredients together.
Remove the fish from oven and spread topping mixture over top and sides of fish.
Turn oven to broil and cook for 2-3 minutes, until the tops are lightly browned and the internal temperature reads 145°F.